If the startup problem is caused by the broken booting record of activity partition or damaged files for starting operating system, a startup disk would solve this problem easily:
To create a Windows XP boot disk.
When try formatting a floppy disk, you would have the option of creating a MS-DOS startup disk, follow the below steps to do this.
- Place diskette into the computer.
- Open My Computer, right-click the A: drive and click Format.
- In the Format window, check Create an MS-DOS startup disk.
- Click Start.
- B. Use this boot disk to start Windows System
Once the startup diskette has been successfully created, following the below steps you will be able to boot from the diskette.
- Place the diskette into write-protect mode.
- Insert the diskette into the computer and reset or turn on the computer to begin the boot process.
- As the computer is booting, answer the questions prompted.
- Once at the A:> take the appropriate actions depending upon the situation of the computer.
- Restart your computer one more time.
2. Use Last Know Good Configuration to fix Windows Xp Startup Problems.
Using Last Know Good Configuration to boot operating system is also a usual method to get into the Windows Xp. Last Know Good Configuration is a Windows startup option which uses the most recent system settings that worked properly. Every time you turn your computer off and Windows shuts down successfully, important system settings will be saved in the registry automatically. And this operation will cancel any modification and changed you had made before on the registry key code-- "CurrentControlSet" which is used to define hardware and drivers settings. Purpose of using Last Know Good Configuration is to replace the current registry key by the former one so that you can start operating system normally with the correct registry. Follow this instruction to start up system using Last Know Good Configuration:
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart your computer. When you see the words: "Please select the operating system to start" appears on the screen or hear a short beep from computer, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. Then on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Warning: you have only one chance to use Last Known Good Configuration.
3. Use System Restore to fix Windows Xp Startup Problems.
Another tool which can help you start Windows system is "system restore" function. As a service running on the backstage, System Restore helps PC users recover system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc. to a previous state in the event of malfunctioning or failure and meanwhile monitors any changes of important system components persistently. System Restore will create a backup copy for those important components(known as restore point)when it detects some changes would be occurred on them. In addition, System Restore will create the restore point every 24 hours automatically. Follow this instruction to start up system using System Restore:
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart your computer at first. When you see the words: "Please select the operating system to start" appears on the screen or hear a short beep from computer, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. Then on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode". Press "start" button after entering the "safe mode" to choose All Programs, Accessories, System Tools Menu and then click System Restore. Click "Next" to select a restore point then start system restore mission.
Furthermore, we'd better take some preventive measures to backup registry of system with some registry tools in order to restore the important registry in the event of Windows Startup Problems being occurred. When those problems appear you can use registry backup program to have them fix.
If you are not an expert to fix PC problems. I sincerely suggest you download some PC repair tools to detect and fix errors on your computer so that you don't need to repair PC problems manually. In fact, most of the repair tools are multifunctional and also contain the rescue methods I introduce above.
To fix Windows Xp startup problems effectively, I highly recommend you try to use registry repair tool to optimize and protect your computer regularly. You can see your startup problems would be fixed easily. Just click here to get a free computer scan.
- Speed Up Windows XP - How to Make Your Computer Run Fast Again ...
- Speed Up Windows Vista - 3 Simple Ways to Make Your Computer Run ...
- How to Speed Up a PC Effectively
- If You Have Runtime Error 429 Here is How you can Fix It Instantly
- Do You Want to Fix Runtime Error 429 and Speed Up a Slow Computer ...
- Windows 7 running slow - computer working slower after upgrading ...
- Slow Computer Fix - easy twicks to make your PC work faster in just a ...
- Is Your Laptop Running Slow – Simplest tips to speed up your computer ...